I used to be a Beetroot hater. I hated it so bad and didn’t want to put it into my mouth. But I love it now, and Canned Beetroot is my pantry essential. ‘Spinach, Beetroot & Fetta Salad’ is my No.1 Beetroot Salad. No. 2 is this ‘Beetroot & Potato Salad’. You can add Boiled Eggs to it.
1 can (425g) Beetroots *cut into bite-size pieces
2 large Potatoes *about 400g, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
1 Pickled Cucumber *about 60g, finely or coarsely chopped
1/4 Red Onion *finely chopped
4 tablespoons Sour Cream
4 tablespoons Japanese Mayonnaise
Salt & Black Pepper
2-3 tablespoons chopped Parsley *save some for topping
- Cook Potato pieces in salted water until soft.
- Combine Pickled Cucumber, Red Onion, Sour Cream, Mayonnaise and Parsley in a large bowl.
- When Potato is softly cooked, drain well, and add to the bowl. Add Beetroots as well, and gently mix to combine.
- Sprinkle with saved Parsley and extra Black Pepper on top, and serve.
- Tips: Boiled Eggs are nice addition to this salad.