When I started feeding my son with solid food, I made great efforts to introduce him a variety of veggies. He ended up hating veggies. Then, I started inventing food that is hiding veggies so that he would eat hidden veggies without knowing it. This ‘Carrot Jelly’ is one of them but my son didn’t enjoy it at all. He hated oranges so he didn’t like orange-colour food.
I have made it for the first time in a long time. This time I added extra Sugar and Grand Marnier for flavour. Grand Marnier is orange-flavoured liquor, so this is an alcoholic dessert only for grown-ups.
Gelatin Powder 6g *1 & 1/2 teaspoons
Water 2 tablespoons
Small Carrot 1 *about 100g, thinly sliced
Milk 1 & 1/2 cup
Sugar 2 tablespoons
Grand Marnier 1 tablespoon
Orange Juice 1/4 cup
Sugar 1 teaspoon
Grand Marnier 1 teaspoon
- Place Milk and Carrot in a sauce pan and cook over medium to low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until Carrot is tender.
- Sprinkle Gelatin Powder evenly over 2 tablespoons of Water in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- When Carrot is tender, using a stick blender or blender mixer, make it smooth. Add Gelatin and Sugar, stir until well dissolved, then add Grand Marnier and stir to mix.
- Pour the mixture into cups or moulds. When cool enough, place in the fridge until set completely.
- Mix Orange Juice, Sugar and Grand Marnier in a cup to make Orange Sauce.
- Turn out onto dessert bowls and serve with the Orange Sauce.