Here is another recipe to use up your leftover Egg White. As this recipe is for 1 Egg White, you can easily multiply based on the number of Egg Whites. I am not a big fan of Meringue as it tastes just sugary, but Coffee Meringue is absolutely delicious. It melts in your mouth. Enjoy it with Coffee.
1 Egg White
1 teaspoon Instant Coffee Granules
2 to 4 tablespoons Caster Sugar
- Preheat oven to 100C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place Egg White and Coffee Granules in a clean & dry bowl, mix a little bit with a clean & dry spoon, and set aside for a minute. Using a whisk or electric mixer, whisk until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add Caster Sugar, beating well until meringue is thick and glossy and sugar is well dissolved.
- Place the meringue in a piping bag (or strong plastic bag), and pipe out onto the baking paper into 2-3cm in diameter. *Note: You can make larger pieces, but you need to alter the cooking time accordingly.
- Bake for 1 hour or until dry. *Note: It hardens when cooled.