Old and dry croissant works better than freshly baked ones, so those on sale because there are at end of shelf life are perfect for this recipe. You can make a large pudding using a pie dish, but I use four 10cm ramekins for individual serve. Before baking, microwave the puddings for a few minutes will reduce the cooking time and save the energy.
Small Croissants 4 *about 200g
Butter for greasing ramekins
Raisins OR Sultanas 2 tablespoons
Milk 1 cup
Cream 1/2 cup
Caster Sugar 1/4 cup
Vanilla Extract 1/2 teaspoon
- Apply softened Butter inside the ramekins and coat the bottom and sides.
- Tear the Croissants into small peaces and place in the each ramekin. Add some Raisins/sultanas each.
- Place Milk, Cream, Eggs, Caster Sugar and Vanilla Extract in a bowl, and mix well using a whisk. Pour the mixture over the croissant pieces. Make sure all the croissant pieces soak in the mixture.
- Heat the over to 160 to 170C. While the over is heating up, the croissant pieces will suck up the milk mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through and top is golden.
*Note: Before baking, microwave the puddings for a few minutes will reduce the cooking time and save the energy.
- Enjoy hot, with Vanilla Ice-cream if you like it.