When I am too tired to think about dinner menu, I tend to cook some same easy dishes that I have been repeatedly cooking. ‘Chilli Con Carne’ is one of them. And Curry is another. This time, I combined those two dishes. I simply replaced the spices for Chilli Con Carne with Curry powder. It was delicious, of course!
500g Lean Beef Mince
1 Onion *finely chopped
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
1 Capsicum *cut to small pieces
1 tablespoon Canola Oil
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Hot Chilli Powder OR Cayenne Pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
2 tablespoons Plain Flour
1 cup Beef Stock *OR 1 cup Water & 1 Beef Stock Cube
1 Canned Diced Tomatoes *400g
1 Canned Kidney Beans *410g
1 to 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook Onion, Garlic and Capsicum for a few minutes, add Beef Mince and cook until Beef changes colour.
- Add Chilli Powder, Curry Powder and Flour and mix to combine. *Note: Flour is to thicken the sauce. You can add Tomato Paste instead of Flour.
- Add Beef Stock and Tomatoes, and stir well. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the canned Kidney beans and add to the pan. Stir to combine and season with Salt but the amount of Salt depends on the saltiness of the stock and beans. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally as it is easy to get burnt.
- Just before remove from heat, add Garam Masala and mix well. Serve with freshly cooked rice. This time, I served with ‘Turmeric Rice’.