My very first cooking class was in the fifth grade. We cooked ‘Sautéed Spinach’ and ‘Boiled Eggs’. ‘Scrambled Eggs’ is actually easier than ‘Boiled Eggs’. To keep the colour of the scrambled eggs, cook Eggs and Spinach separately. After they are combined gently and placed on a plate, drizzle the sauce over instead of mixing everything in a frying pan.
Spinach 1 bunch *250 to 300g
Eggs 4 to 6
Canola Oil 2 tablespoons
Salt & White Pepper
Soy Sauce 1 tablespoon
Oyster Sauce 1 tablespoon
Sesame Oil 1 teaspoon
Rā-yu (Chilli Oil) *optional
- Make sauce by mixing Soy Sauce, Oyster Sauce and Sesame Oil in a small bowl. Rā-yu (Chilli Oil) is optional but a few drops of it make a difference.
- Wash Spinach well and cut about 5cm length.
- Crack the Eggs into a medium mixing bowl, add a pinch of Salt and whisk lightly.
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan over medium to hight heat, cook Eggs quickly just like cooking scrambled eggs. Remove the cooked eggs onto a plate and set aside.
- Next you cook Spinach in the same frying pan and season very lightly with Salt & Pepper.
- Add the cooked Eggs and gently combine. Transfer on to a large plate, drizzle the sauce over and serve.