I love Kale and it’s good for my health and it is growing madly in my veggie garden. I have created quite a few recipes recently and here is another one, and this one is scrumptious! However it is a bit disappointing because I can hardly taste Kale, but it is good for my husband, who hates Kale. (He enjoys my Kale dishes, though he keeps telling me he hates Kale.)
Kale leaves removed from thick stems 120g *OR as much as you like
Chicken Mince 500g
Garlic 1 clove *grated
Ginger 1 small piece *grated
Salt 1/2 teaspoon
50 Gyoza Wrappers
- Remove thick hard stems from Kale. Wash well.
- Boil a kettle of water. Place the leaves in a colander or a large strainer, and pour the boiled hot water carefully over the leaves evenly. This will reduce the volume of the leaves.
- Pour cold water over to stop cooking further, drain and squeeze to remove excess water, then chop up.
- Combine Chicken Mince, Kale, grated Ginger and Garlic and Salt & Pepper, mix very well until it gets pasty texture.
- Put some of the filling onto a Gyoza Wrapper, moisten the edge with water, fold the edge about 5 times and close.
- Heat 1 tablespoon Oil in a frying pan (non-stick recommended) over medium high heat, arrange Gyoza. Add 1/2 cup water, cover to allow Gyoza to steam until the water is gone. Keep cooking until the bottom of Gyoza turned golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce. Japanese mayonnaise with a little bit of Soy sauce was nice!