You can make light & smooth Koshi-an very easily by using Powdered Azuki Beans. But Powdered Azuki Beans is very hard to find in Australia. Making it from dry Azuki Beans from scratch is very demanding hard work. So here is the very easy method to make Koshi-an using food processor.
Azuki Beans 350g
Sugar 1 Cup
A pinch of Salt
Food Processor Method
1. Place Azuki beans in a large saucepan or a pot and cover them with a plenty of water, and cook until the beans are swollen and plump. Darin the water.
2. Place the beans back into the saucepan and cover them with plenty of water again and cook until the beans are tender.
3. Do not drain all water this time. Save some water and put all beans and water into a food processor or blender and make them into paste. * Warning: It is very hot, you need extra care not to burn yourself.
4. Place the bean paste back into the saucepan, add sugar and pinch of salt. Cook mixing consistently until it gets the texture.
If you are luck to have Powdered Azuki Beans
1. Follow the instruction. Basically cook Powdered Azuki 150g, Water 400ml, Sugar 240g and pinch of Salt in a saucepan until it gets the texture.