Why lazy? Because they are not on skewers. Sometime I want to eat ‘Yakitori’ but I don’t want to bother making them. If it is just for myself or family dinner, this is good enough, isn’t it? My favourite ‘Yakitori’ is ‘Negima’, Chicken & Spring Onion, seasoned with just salt and pepper. The lazy version tastes almost the same. See my ‘Yakitori’ recipe for a proper method.
250 to 300g Chicken Thigh Fillets
Salt & Pepper
1 tablespoon Sake (Rice Wine)
4 thick Spring Onions *use white & lighter colour parts, cut 3cm in length
Oil for cooking
*Only if you wish to season with ‘Tare’ Sauce
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Mirin
1 teaspoon Sugar
Garlic OR Ginger as required
- Cut Chicken into bite size pieces and place in a bowl. Add Sake, Salt and Pepper, massage and set aside for 10 minutes. You may wish to add some grated Garlic OR Ginger as well.
- Heat a small amount of Oil in a frying pan over medium to low heat, place Chicken and Spring Onion, and cook for 5 minutes, and DO NOT stir.
- Once the bottom is brown, turn them over and cook 5 minutes, again DO NOT stir.
- Sprinkle with some more Salt and Pepper, and enjoy.
- If you season with ‘Tare’ Sauce, pour the sauce over and let them combined. My ‘Super Versatile Sweet Soy Sauce’ can be used as ‘Tare’ Sauce, too.