I often use my ‘Mabo Dofu’ miso sauce for seasoning stir-fried vegetables. I realised that the sauce goes very well with Tomatoes. I knew that Soy Sauce goes well with Tomatoes, but it was a surprise discovery. If you like my ‘Mabo Dofu’ and Tomatoes, this dish might become one of your favourite dishes.
500g Pork Mince
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
1 small piece Ginger *finely chopped
4 Spring Onions *finely chopped, save some for topping
1 tablespoon Oil
4 Eggs *lightly whisked
1 pinch Salt
4 Tomatoes *cut into chunky pieces
4 servings Freshly Cooked Rice
Miso Sauce Ingredients
2 tablespoons Dark Colour Miso
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Sugar
2 tablespoons Sake (Rice Wine) OR Water
1 tablespoon Toban Djan (Chili Bean Sauce)
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well. This has to be done before you start cooking. Cooking process doesn’t take long at all.
- Lightly whisk Eggs in a separate bowl, and season with a pinch of Salt. Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, cook Eggs gently stirring until set but still soft. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook Pork Mince with Garlic, Ginger and Spring Onions until Pork changes colour, then add the sauce and combine.
- Add Tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes until Tomatoes started softening. Return the cooked egg and gently combine.
- Half fill a bowl with freshly cooked rice and cover it with the pork and tomato mixture. Sprinkle saved chopped Spring Onion on top and serve.