Matcha Cheesecake has become very popular all around the world. If you google it, you will see millions of photos of Matcha Cheesecake and many recipes as well. This cheesecake is based on my Super-Easy Cheesecake recipe. I simply added Matcha Powder to it. And I made an attempt to create Latte Art style decoration which was too hard for my shaky hands!
18cm Round Springform Cake Tin
Choc Ripple Biscuits 12 *finely crushed
Butter 30 to 40g *melted
Cream Cheese 250g *softened
Sugar 1/3 cup
Cream 1/2 cup
Eggs 2 *large eggs
Plain Flour 2 tablespoons
Matcha Powder 1 tablespoon
- Line 18cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- For the base, mix finely crushed biscuit and melted butter until moist crumbs. Tip the crumbs into the cake tin and press firmly over the base.
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Process all ingredients until smooth. If you don’t have food processor, mix all ingredients very well using electric beater or hand mixer.
- Pour into the cake tin over the base but save small amount. Add some Matcha powder to the saved mixture and make it darker green. Using this mixture you can create decoration but it is optional.
- Cover the bottom of the cake tin with foil, place the tin on the pan, pour boiling water to the pan about 1cm deep.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool completely. *Steam baking is optional. You can bake this cake without hot water for dryer result.