This simple dessert is somehow underrated these days, but it always comes to my mind when I think about the berry dessert. It’s an English dessert. Traditionally, fruit fool is made by folding stewed fruit into custard, but I use Whipped Cream and Yoghurt. It’s so easy to make.
1 cup Mixed Berries OR Berries of your choice *plus Extra for topping
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 cup Thickened Cream
1 to 2 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Greek Yoghurt
- Place Berries of your choice and 1/4 cup Caster Sugar in a heat-proof bowl, heat 2 minutes in the microwave. Press the berries lightly with a fork or spoon, then heat a few more minutes until thickens. Do this with a great care as it bubbles up. Set aside to cool completely.
- *Note: You can do this process using a saucepan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk Cream and 1 to 2 tablespoons Caster Sugar until soft peaks form. Add Lemon Juice and Yoghurt, and whisk again.
- Pour in the cooled berry mixture and gently combine.
- Spoon the mixture into serving glasses and chill in the fridge for 1 hour. Top with extra Berries and serve.