On a hot summer day, I don’t want to bake. This gelatine-set Cheesecake is an ideal dessert. Yoghurt adds freshness to the rich cream cheese and frozen berries are perfect match to the flavour of this cake. And of course, it is easy to make!
18cm Springform Cake Tin
Choco Ripple Biscuits 1/2 pkt (125g)
Butter 50g *melted
*Note: Very dry low-fat chocolate biscuits need more moisture. Add 1-2 tablespoons Cream, Milk or extra Butter.
Gelatine Powder 2 teaspoons (6g)
Water 2 to 3 tablespoons
Cream Cheese 250g
Sugar 1/4 cup *1/3 cup if you like it sweeter
Greek Style Yoghurt 1/2 cup
Lemon Juice 1 to 2 tablespoons
Cream 1/2 cup *whipped
- Line a cake tin (springform is better) base and sides with baking paper.
- Process Choco Ripple Biscuits until crumbled to fine crumbs. Mix with melted butter for the base and press into the prepared tin. *Note: Very dry low-fat chocolate biscuits need more moisture. Add 1-2 tablespoons Cream, Milk or extra Butter.
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small heat-proof bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes. Heat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until hot, but do not boil. Using the electric beaters or a whisk, whip the cream until firm peaks form.
- Using the same beaters or a whisk, mix softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add Yoghurt and Lemon Juice and mix well. Gradually beat in the dissolved Gelatine until well combined. Fold in Whipped Cream.
- Pour the mixture over the base and smooth the surface. Cover and refrigerate for several hours until firmly set.
- Serve with your favourite berries.