Here it is, my children. There are hundreds of Pancake recipes out there but this is your mother’s recipe. You do not need to spend extra dollars to purchase pancake flour mix. Use the Self-Rising Flour in the pantry. If you only have Plain Flour, add 1 teaspoon of baking powder and mix well. When you want thinner pancakes, add extra Milk and make the batter runnier.
8 to 10 Pancakes
Self-Rising Flour 1 & 1/2 cups
Sugar 2 tablespoons
Salt a pinch only
Milk 1 cup
- Place Self-Rising Flour and Sugar into a large bowl and mix. If you use Plain Flour, you need to add 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder and mix well.
- Add Milk and Eggs, whisk until smooth.
- Heat a large frying pan (non-stick preferred) over a medium to low heat. Oil the pan very lightly or you need no oil at all if you use a really non-stick pan. Cook pancakes for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface and the edges get cooked. Turn and cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with a clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, oiling pan between batches.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, cream and/or jam.