‘Panna cotta’ is an Italian dessert of sweetened Cream set with Gelatin, and it is usually moulded. Cream only Panna Cotta is too rich and heavy for me. That’s why I always mix Milk and Cream. You can make ‘Milk Jelly’ by using Milk only.
500ml (2 cups) of Milk & Cream *e.g. 1 cup Milk and 1 cup Cream
Caster Sugar 1/4 cup
Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
*Note: This is for flavour. You can add 1 Tablespoon Rum or Brandy instead.
Gelatin 2 teaspoons *about 8g
*Note: If you are going to set the jelly in serving glasses, use less Gelatin. (e.g. 1 & 1/2 teaspoons)
Water 2 tablespoons
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Place Milk, Sugar and Vanilla in a saucepan, and heat over medium heat, stirring, and bring just to the boil. Remove from heat.
- Add soaked Gelatine, mix well until gelatine dissolves, then add Cream and mix to combine.
- *Note: Adding cold Cream at the end will speed-up the setting process. Alternatively, you can heat Cream and Milk together.
- Pour the mixture into jelly moulds or serving glasses. Place them in the fridge and leave to set.
- Serve with your favourite berry sauce or/and fresh berries. I used Raspberry Sauce for this photo.
- *Raspberry Sauce: Place 1/2 to 1 cup frozen/fresh Raspberries and 1 to 2 tablespoons Sugar in a heatproof bowl and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. Cool completely.