I am from Okayama, Japan. Okayama is famous for its production of fruit, especially ‘White Peach’. Different types of White peaches are available in Melbourne where I live. Different, but they still smell and taste like Okayama’s ‘White Peach’ that I miss. *Note: White Peaches are the best for this dessert, but you can use Yellow Peaches.
2 White Peaches
2 cups Water
2 to 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
100ml Rosé Wine OR Lemonade
1 tablespoon (12g) Gelatin Powder
2 to 3 tablespoons Water
1/2 cup Thickened Cream *whipped
2 to 3 tablespoons Caster Sugar
Extra Peach for topping *optional
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder over 2-3 tablespoons of Water in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut each Peach into quarters with skin on, remove stone, and place in a saucepan. Add Water, Sugar and Lemon Juice to the saucepan and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until soft. *Note: The cooking time depends on how ripe the peaches are.
- Transfer cooked Peaches to a bowl and set aside. Add Gelatine paste to the hot syrup in the saucepan and mix well until Gelatine dissolves. Add Lemonade or Rosé Wine, and mix well. Pour it into serving glasses and cool to set in the fridge.
- Make Peach Fool. Remove skin from the cooked Peach wedges, and mash or process until desired texture is achieved, smooth or coarse. Add Sugar and mix, then combine with whipped Cream.
- Place the peach fool on the set jelly, then arrange some Peach pieces on top.