Last night I cooked Teriyaki Chicken for my son’s Bento Lunch. Today I made Rice Burgers for my lunch using leftover Teriyaki Chicken. Do you know Japanese mayonnaise and Teriyaki sauce are a good match? I sometimes use Japanese mayonnaise as a sauce like this dish Oven Baked Teriyaki Chicken.
Cooked Rice 1 rice bowlful (*short grain slightly starchy rice like Sushi Rice)
Teriyaki Chicken 1 piece
Onion *thinly sliced
- Make rice patties. Cooked rice needs to be warm to hot, so heat the cooked rice if cold. Devide one rice bowlful warm rice in half and make flat rice balls. Make two patties.
- Using plastic wrap, press the rice balls firmly to 1cm thick. Using a ramekin or an egg ring is also good method. Oil the ramekin or the ring with Sesame Oil first so that the rice won’t stick to them. Press down the rice very firmly is important.
- Brush Sesame Oil on both sides of the rice patties slightly and sprinkle some Salt.
- Cook the patties on each side in a non-stick frying pan or grill until light golden and crispy.
- Place sliced Teriyaki Chicken on a rice patty, then Lettuce and sliced Onion, drizzle Japanese Mayonnaise on top, then place the other rice patty.