There is a Japanese term ‘Hoppeta ga ochiru’ that means ‘cheeks drop’ and it is used to express something is really tasty and delicious and yummy and scrumptious! This chicken dish is certainly cheek-dropping!
Chicken Tenderloins or Breast Fillets 500 to 600g
Potato Starch Flour 2 to 3 tablespoons
Oil 2 to 3 tablespoons
Spring Onion *chopped
Soy Sauce 2 Tablespoons
Sugar 1 tablespoon
Mirin 1 tablespoon
Water 2 to 3 tablespoons
Ginger 1 small piece *grated
Garlic 1 clove *grated
Toban Djan (Chili Bean Sauce) 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Combine all Sauce Ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut Chicken Tenderloins or Breast Fillets into 3 to 4cm size, then coat with Potato Starch Flour. This layer of flour will turn to jelly-like when combined with sauce. Please make sure the Chicken pieces are very well coated.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan and cook Chicken. Tenderloins won’t take long to cook. You don’t need to brown the Chicken.
- When Chicken are cooked, using paper towel remove excess Oil in a pan, then add sauce and combine all well.
- Sprinkle chopped Spring Onions on top and serve.