Curry is super easy if you use Japanese Curry Roux (Sauce Mix). In Melbourne where I live, we can find S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix, from Mild to Super Hot, at any supermarket stores and Asian grocery stores. Using those Curry Sauce Mix, this amazingly delicious ‘Seafood Curry’ is super easy to make.
4 to 5 Servings
600g Seafood Mix *cleaned, cut into the size that is easy to eat
*Today I used Prawns, Squid, Scallops and a variety of Fish Fillets.
2 Onions *finely chopped
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil *OR Oil of your choice
1/4 cup White Wine OR Sake (Rice Wine)
1 (*400g) canned Diced Tomatoes
90 to 100g Curry Roux (Sauce Mix)
4 Servings Freshly Cooked Rice
- Heat Oil in a casserole pot or large saucepan, cook Onion and Garlic until soft. Add Seafood except Fish Fillets as Fish Fillets should be cooked separately.
- Add White Wine OR Sake, and stir. Seafood can be cooked very quickly. Add Tomatoes and Water, and bring to the boil.
- Break Curry Roux into small blocks, add to the mixture and simmer on low heat. Stir until Curry Roux blocks are completely dissolved. Add extra Water if too thick.
- Meanwhile, heat a small amount of Oil in a frying pan, cook Fish Fillets, and add to the curry when you serve.
- Serve on a plate with Freshly Cooked Rice.