Canned Tuna, Eggs and some Greens. That’s all you need to make this rice bowl dish. I always use Tuna in Springwater. If you use Tuna in Brine, you need to reduce the amount of Soy Sauce because the tuna is salty. This is cheap and easy to cook, yet so delicious!
1 (*185g) Canned Tuna in Springwater *drained well
1 tablespoon Sake (Rice Wine)
1 teaspoon grated Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 teaspoon Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce) *OR Chilli as required
2 to 3 teaspoons Sugar
2 to 3 teaspoons Soy Sauce
Green Leafy Vegetable *Today I used Bok Choy
Salt & Pepper
Oil for cooking
2 servings Freshly Cooked Rice
Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Place drained Tuna in a small frying pan or saucepan, sprinkle with Sake (Rice Wine) and grated Ginger, and mix well. Add Sesame Oil, Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce), Sugar and Soy Sauce, and stir-fry over medium heat for a few minutes or until the sauce is almost gone.
- *Note: Depending on the saltiness of the tuna, reduce the amount of Soy Sauce.
- Whisk Eggs and season with 1 pinch Salt. Heat a small amount of Oil in a separate frying pan over low heat, cook the egg, stirring constantly, until crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add an extra small amount of Oil if required, cook Green Leafy Vegetable. While stir-frying, add 2 tablespoons Water to help steam-cook. Lightly season with Salt & Pepper.
- Half fill a bowl with freshly cooked rice and cover it with the tuna, egg and green. Sprinkle with some Toasted Sesame Seeds.