At an ALDI store, I saw a frozen food package named ‘Spinach & Ricotta Potato Gratin’ and it looked so yummy. I don’t buy processed food these days but I really wanted to try it. So I created it by myself. I can declare that this is another Super-easy Recipe. You can bake all servings in one large oven dish or individual servings in ramekins like I did.
Onion 1 *finely chopped
Garlic 1 clove *finely chopped
Frozen Spinach 4 pieces *OR 1 bunch Fresh Spinach, washed and chopped
Ricotta Cheese 250g
Salt & Pepper
Canola Oil / Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese *grated
- Peel Potatoes and cut into small cubes. Cook in salted water until soft. Drain and half-mash lightly.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon Oil in a frying pan and cook finely chopped Onion and Garlic until tender. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Defrost the frozen Spinach pieces and remove excess liquid. If you use Fresh Spinach, you can cook it with the Onion.
- Combine half-mashed Potatoes, Onion mixture, Spinach and Ricotta. Add some more Salt and Pepper to taste only if requires. Be carefull as Ricotta can be quite salty.
- Oil the base and side of ramekins or a baking dish and spoon the mixture. Top with plenty of grated Parmesan Cheese. Bake at about 200℃ for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- *Note: It can be easily removed from the ramekins, so that you can place the individual gratin on serving plates.