My reluctance to measure and weigh the ingredients has lead to make this recipe. This is the easiest ‘Flourless’ Chocolate Almond Cake recipe you can find. I tend to use less amount of Sugar because I generally don’t like very sweet cake. You can increase the amount if you like.
20cm Round Cake Tin
Dark (70%) Chocolate 200g
Caster Sugar 1/2 cup
Almond Meal (Ground Almonds) 200g
Egg Yolks 4
Egg Whites 4
Rum OR Brandey 1 tablespoon *optional
Cocoa Powder or Powdered Sugar for dusting *optional
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a round spring-form cake tin and line base and side with baking paper.
- Place Chocolate and Butter in a large bowl and cook in the microwave at medium power about 500 to 600W for 1 to 2 minutes, then stir well until smooth.
- Beat in Egg Yolks and stir well, then add Sugar and Almond Meal and mix well until well combined.
- Using an electric mixer, beat Egg Whites until stiff peaks form. Using a large spoon, gently fold the half of Egg Whites into chocolate mixture. Repeat with the remaining Egg Whites.
- Pour the mixture into prepared tin and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through. Cool the cake in tin. When the cake is cool, dust with Cocoa Powder or Powdered Sugar if you like.