Sweet Miso goes so well with Eggplant. This dish is my husband’s all time favourite. He keeps telling everyone that Eggplants in Japanese dishes are so delicious. I asked him how most Australians cook the Eggplant. He said ‘just BBQ them.’ Ahhh… When you cook this dish, you need hot steamy rice to serve with it. Some green capsicum can be added to this dish.
1 to 2 Eggplant
2 to 3 tablespoons Oil
Sweet Miso Sauce
3 tablespoons Miso
1 to 1 & 1/2 tablespoons Sugar
2 tablespoons Mirin
1 tablespoons Soy Sauce
*Adjust the amount of Sugar and Mirin depending on the type of Miso you use. Darker colour Miso has stronger flavour. Dark Miso version photo is below.
- Combine Sweet Miso Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut Eggplant into bite size.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan and cook Eggplant until tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add Sweet Miso Sauce and combine with Eggplant well.
- *Tips: You may use Sesame Oil for cooking if you like sesame flavour, and sprinkle some Roasted Sesame Seeds on top.