Last year, my sister-in-law gave me a gift of Truffle and Truffle Oil. I still have the Truffle Oil. I have to use it up. On the other day, when I made ‘Flammkuchen’ for my guests, I added the ‘Truffle Oil’ to the dough for the base. I received complaints from my family about the overwhelming smell, but some guests really loved the crispy base. Then I tried to make these Crackers. You can make them using Olive Oil OR other Oil of your choice
1 cup Plain Flour
1/4 teaspoon Salt
95ml Warm Water
1 tablespoon Truffle Oil *OR Oil of your choice
- Combine Flour and Salt in a bowl. Add Warm Water and Truffle Oil. Mix until a dough comes together. Knead, adding more Flour if required, until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls. Using a rolling pin, roll out each ball to 2-3mm thin.
- Optional Extra Oil and Salt: Very lightly spread extra Oil over the dough and sprinkle with some Salt before bake.
- Place the dough on a baking tray, lightly oiled or lined with baking paper, and bake in a hot oven, 220 to 240℃, for 6-8 minutes. Turn off the oven.
- Cut the flatbread into the size of your choice and place them back in the oven that should be still quite hot. Leave them in the oven for 10 minutes or until crispy. *Note: They turn crispy as cool down.
- *Note: You can cook the flatbread in a frying pan. Probably you should divide the dough into 3 to 4 balls, then roll out. Heat a frying pan over high heat, then reduce to low heat. Oil the pan very lightly and cook each flatbread for 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned and puffed.