One of the most popular and authentic Japanese salad. This type of salad is called ‘Ae-mono’. This particular ‘Ae-mono’ is one of the refreshing dishes that I sometimes have a craving for when I am very tired.
Cucumber 1 continental cucumber OR 2 smaller ones
Dry Wakame 2 tablespoons
Salt 1/4 teaspoon
Sugar 2 tablespoons
Rice Vinegar 3 tablespoons
Soy Sauce 1 teaspoon
Roasted Sesame Seeds
1. Thinly slice Cucumber into a bowl. Add Salt and massage, then rest for a while.
2. Soak the dry Wakame in cold water until soft, drain well.
3. Combine Sugar, Rice Vinegar and Soy Sauce to make dressing. Alter the amount of Sugar and Soy Sauce to suit your taste.
4. Squeeze the Cucumber to remove excess water, and combine Cucumber, Wakame and Dressing and mix well.
5. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve.