By adding extra ingredients to my ‘Basic Plain Cupcakes’, you can create a variety of cupcakes. Today I added White Chocolate and Fresh Blueberries that are in season now. ‘White Chocolate & Blueberry’ is one of my favourite flavours.
125g Butter *softened
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1 & 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/2 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
100g White Chocolate *coarsely chopped
1 punnet (*about 125g) Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a 12-hole medium-size muffin tin with paper cases.
- Beat softened Butter in a mixing bowl with a whisk until smooth. Add Sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add Eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. If the Eggs are too cold, the mixture will curdle. Try to stand the bowl in warm water, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds, then continue beating until the batter becomes smooth and creamy.
- Gently fold in Flour with a spatula or a large metal spoon, add Milk and Vanilla as well, and mix until just combined. DO NOT over-mix. Add White Chocolate and Blueberries, and gently combine.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Leave in tins for 5 minutes before moving onto wire rack to cool.