Yakitori is best when cooked on the grill grid over charcoal. If you cook using an ordinary BBQ, bamboo skewers need to be protected as they burn easily. I recommend to soak the skewers very well first. It is actually easy and fun to make a yakitori grill. Just Google to find many unique DIY ideas.
Thick Spring Onions
Salt & Pepper
Soy Sauce 1/2 cup
Mirin 1/2 cup
Sugar 2 tablespoons
Garlic 1 *sliced
1. Soak skewers in a shallow dish of cold water for at least half an hour, then drain.
2. Cut Chicken into bite size pieces and cut thick Spring Onion into 3cm. Thread the Chicken and Spring Onion onto skewers.
3. Combine the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and boil until the sauce slightly thickens.
4. Heat a barbecue plate or frypan. Season half of the skewers with Salt and Pepper, and cook the skewers until cooked through.
5. Cook the rest of skewers, brushing them with the sauce occasionally until cooked though.