I am a big fan of Jelly Desserts and I often make them. The standard ratio of Gelatine Powder & Liquid is 2g (1/2 teaspoon) : 100ml. I make Jelly based on this ratio. This is my basic Yoghurt Mousse Jelly, which has fairly firm texture if you use Greek Yoghurt. You can add some fruit juice, purée or fruit sauce to this mixture to make fruit flavoured Yoghurt Jelly. Please alter the mount of Sugar accordingly.
2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
2 to 3 tablespoons Water
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 cup Unsweetened Yoghurt
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Thickened Cream *whipped
Topping of your choice *Today I used Strawberry Sauce and fresh Strawberries
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Place Milk and Sugar in a saucepan, bring close to the boil, and remove from the heat. Add soaked Gelatine, mix well until Gelatine dissolves, then whisk in Yoghurt and Lemon Juice.
- Whip Cream until soft peaks form, add to the jelly mixture, and mix well. Pour into serving glasses. Place them in the fridge and leave to set.
- Before serve, add some fresh Fruit or Fruit Sauce on top. Today I used Strawberry Sauce and fresh Strawberries. Mango, Peaches, Melon, Passionfruit, or any fresh fruit that goes well with Yoghurt would be a good topping.
- *Note: For grown-ups, sweet Liqueur can be added to the topping.