I don’t fry potato wedges or chips. I always bake them in the oven but you need oil for the crunchy texture. This ‘Feta Topping’ is a delicious addition to them because the sourness of the feta cuts through the oiliness of the wedges balances the flavour quite well. Adding spices to the potato and herbs to the feta, you can create Italian, Greek or other different flavours.
Large Potatoes 4
Olive Oil 1 to 2 tablespoons
Salt & Spices (Pepper, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Chili, etc.)
Herbs 1 to 2 teaspoons *finely chopped (Basil, Oregano, Marjoram, Rosemary, Chives, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 190 to 200C. Place baking sheet on the oven tray or lightly oil the tray.
- Scrub and wash Potatoes and cut lengthways into 8 wedges. Places the potato wedges in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle Olive Oil over, and add Salt and your favourite seasoning such as Pepper, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Chili, etc. and toss them to coat well.
- Lay potato wedges on the tray and bake for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Break Fetta into crumbles and mix with your favourite herbs such as Basil, Oregano, Marjoram, Rosemary or Chives.
- Remove potato wedges from oven and sprinkle with the Fetta Topping and serve.