I assume that many of you love popular Chinese snack ‘Spring Rolls’ but never tried to make them yourself. I actually don’t like store-bought Spring Rolls because they are very oily. Spring Rolls are easy to make and I bake them in the oven. They are much healthier. The filling can be anything you like. Today I wrapped Mexican beef mixture.
16 to 18 Rolls
1 Onion *finely chopped
1 to 2 teaspoons Oil
500g Lean Beef Mince
1/2 cup Corn Kernels
2 tablespoons Ketchup
Shredded Tasty Cheese, Cheddar OR Fetta
Spring Roll Wrappers
Oil to spray OR brush
Mexican Taco Seasoning
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
2 teaspoons Ground Coriander Seeds
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 teaspoon Ground Paprika
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper OR Ground Chilli
1/2 teaspoon Salt *add more if you like, I found 1 teaspoon is quite salty
1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all the Mexican Taco Seasoning.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Onion and Beef Mince. When Beef is cooked and Onion is soft, add Mexican Taco Seasoning, Ketchup and Corn Kernels, and cook for a few minutes until well combined. Cool slightly. *Note: Remove excess oil from the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place 1 Spring Roll Wrapper on a flat surface with a corner facing you. Cover remaining wrappers with a dump tea towel to prevent them from drying out.
- Place some beef mixture and Cheese across corner. Fold the corner over filling and roll up, fold in side corners, then roll up firmly to enclose. Wet the last corner with water to seal. Place on the prepared tray. Repeat with remaining beef mixture and cheese.
- Spay OR brush a small amount of Oil over the spring rolls and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.