‘Bavarois’ is a creamy jelly dessert. When Matcha is mixed with milk, cream, white chocolate or sweetened condensed milk, the Matcha flavour becomes so mellow with its distinctive bitterness. I finally started liking Matcha after having hated it for many years. This ‘Matcha Bavarois’ is not too sweet, so it would be nice to be served with ice-cream or ‘Tsubu-an’.
4 to 6 Servings
Milk 1 cup
White Chocolate 50g
Sugar 1/4 cup
Matcha Powder 1 tablespoon
Gelatine Powder 2 teaspoons (6g)
Water 2 tablespoons
Cream 1 cup *whipped
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak.
- Place Milk, White Chocolate, Sugar and Matcha in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until the White Chocolate and Sugar dissolve. Remove from heat.
- Add soaked Gelatine and mix well until gelatine dissolves.
- When the mixture is cool and started thickening, add whipped Cream and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into glasses. Place them in the fridge and leave to set.