This White Chocolate Cream is very versatile for a glaze, icing, sauce or filling for cakes and pastries. It is lovely as it is, but you can add flavours to it. Make Matcha Cream by adding Matcha Powder, Coffee Cream by adding Coffee Powder, or Pink Cream by adding a little bit of Beet juice. Possibilities are endless.
1. White Chocolate Cream (White Chocolate Ganache)
200g White Chocolate *chopped
100ml Thickened Cream
- Place chopped White Chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Bring cream just to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour the hot Cream over the chocolate. Stir until smooth. It firms up as it cools.
- *Alternatively, place White Chocolate and Cream in a large heat-proof bowl, and heat in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- *Note: I added 1 teaspoon Matcha Powder for the picture below.
2. Whipped White Chocolate Cream
200g White Chocolate
300ml Thickened Cream
- Place chopped White Chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and melt chocolate.
- *Alternatively you can melt the chocolate in the microwave on medium power for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Gradually add 1/2 Cream, mixing well, and add the remaining Cream, and mix until smooth and well combined, and cool in the fridge. When it is cold, use a whisk to whip the mixture until desired texture is achieved.