Old and dry croissant works better than freshly baked ones, so those on sale because there are at end of shelf life are perfect for this recipe. You can make a large pudding using a pie dish, but I use four 10cm ramekins for individual serve. Before baking, microwave the puddings for a few minutes will reduce the cooking time and save the energy.
Small Croissants 4 *about 200g
Butter for greasing ramekins
Raisins OR Sultanas 2 tablespoons
Milk 1 cup
Cream 1/2 cup
Caster Sugar 1/4 cup
Vanilla Extract 1/2 teaspoon
- Apply softened Butter inside the ramekins and coat the bottom and sides.
- Tear the Croissants into small peaces and place in the each ramekin. Add some Raisins/sultanas each.
- Place Milk, Cream, Eggs, Caster Sugar and Vanilla Extract in a bowl, and mix well using a whisk. Pour the mixture over the croissant pieces. Make sure all the croissant pieces soak in the mixture.
- Heat the over to 160 to 170℃. While the over is heating up, the croissant pieces will suck up the milk mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through and top is golden.
*Note: Before baking, microwave the puddings for a few minutes will reduce the cooking time and save the energy.
- Enjoy hot, with Vanilla Ice-cream if you like it.