This ‘Lemon Tart’ is super easy to make if you use store-bought Frozen Sweet Fran/Pie Base. If you want to make the tart base from scratch, try my ‘Easiest Sweet Shortcrust Pastry’ which is really easy to make, and it is perfect amount for Pyrex 22.5cm pie dish.
6 to 8 Servings
1 Frozen Sweet Fran/Pie Base *about 22cm
‘Easiest Sweet Shortcrust Pastry’
100g Butter *softened
4 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
1 cup Plain Flour
1/2 cup Caster Sugar *add extra if you like it sweeter
1 tablespoon Plain Flour
1/2 cup Lemon Juice *You would need 3 Lemons
Zest of 1 Lemon
100g Butter *cut into small cubes
- Preheat the oven to 170℃. Bake Frozen Sweet Fran/Pie Base for 20 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool completely.
- If you make the tart base from scratch, mix softened Butter and Sugar until smooth. Add Egg Yolk and mix until creamy. Add Flour and mix as you cut the butter mixture into flour. Use your hands to bring the mixture together into dough.
- Spread the dough in the pie dish evenly and press using your fingers. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool completely.
- To make Lemon Filling, combine Eggs, Sugar and Plain Flour in a saucepan until smooth. Add Lemon Juice and Zest. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to the boil and thickens. Remove from the heat, add Butter, and mix well until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Pour the Lemon Filling into the cooled tart base, spread evenly, and chill in the fridge. Dust with Powdered Sugar, OR serve with Whipped Cream if you prefer.