When I want to use up Egg White, ‘Langues de Chat’ Biscuits is what I most often make. Ingredients are easy to remember. You need same weight of 4 ingredients, that are Egg White, Butter, Sugar and Flour. Today I added Matcha Powder.
24 Small Biscuits
*Note: First you weigh the Egg White. If you have 50g of Egg White, you need 50g of each Butter, Sugar and Flour. Today 1 Egg White weighed 34g, so I used 34g each other ingredients. Alter the amount accordingly.
1 Egg White *It weighed 34g. So I needed 34g of everything.
34g Butter *softened
34g Caster Sugar
34g Plain Flour including 1 teaspoon Matcha Powder
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place softened Butter and Sugar in a bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in Egg White until light and fluffy.
- Add Vanilla and Flour & Matcha Powder, and mix until blended. Dough might be a little stiff.
- Using a piping bag or a teaspoon, place the batter on the prepared baking tray. *Note: I recommend to make each biscuit quite small. 2cm batter would become around 5cm biscuit. Today I made 24 biscuits with this amount of dough.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the edges are brown. Transfer to a cooling rack. Biscuits should become crispy as they cool.