You might think this creamy soup was made with Milk. I didn’t add any sort of Milk. It is white and creamy because of Peanuts. I blend it quite smoothly, but crispy texture of Peanuts tends to remain. You won’t notice it is Peanut-based soup as it is hard to taste Peanuts in this soup. It is very nutritious and it doesn’t cost much to make it.
1/2 tablespoon Oil *I used Sunflower Oil
1/2 Onion *cut into small pieces
1 clove Garlic
1 Potato *peeled and cut into small pieces
1/2 cup shelled Peanuts *about 50g, use raw OR blanched Peanuts
*Note: I used blanched Peanuts which skin was already removed
300ml Chicken Stock OR Vegetable Stock
Salt & Pepper
Water *OR Milk if you prefer
- You need to remove the skin of Peanuts. Soak the raw Peanuts in water OR blanch until skin is soft, then remove the skin. *Note: I use blanched Peanuts with the skin removed.
- Heat Oil in a saucepan, cook Onion and Garlic over medium low heat for a few minutes. Add Potato, Peanuts and Stock. Cover with a lid, bring to the simmer, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Then cool slightly.
- When it is slightly cooled and safe to work with, blend in a blender OR using a stick blender until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan, season with Salt & Pepper. To make the soup thinner, add some Water OR Milk if you prefer, and heat up until hot.
- Enjoy with finely chopped Parsley, OR other Herb such as Coriander. You can add Croutons, crispy Bacon, OR etc. Today I added freshly ground Black Pepper.