Anything tastes good with Butter & Soy Sauce, and so do Clams! This is another super quick & easy & delicious dish. The Clams and the sauce can be mixed with freshly cooked Pasta, OR this dish is great for drinking!
300g Clams *Today I used ‘Pippi’
1 cup Salted Water *1 cup Water & 1 teaspoon Salt
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
2 tablespoons Sake (Rice Wine)
1/2 to 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
- Clean Clams and place them in a deep plate or container in a single layer. Pour over Salted Water, set aside in a cool place for 1-2 hours, and let them spit out the grit. *Note: Some store-bought Clams are ready to use without doing this process.
- Clean the Clams with fresh water before you cook them.
- Heat Butter and Garlic in a frying pan over medium heat. When Butter is melted and aromatic, add cleaned Clams. Sprinkle Sake (Rice Wine) over, cover with a lid, and cook until all Clams are open.
- Remove the lid, add Soy Sauce, and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onion and enjoy immediately. *Note: This dish can be mix with freshly cooked Pasta.