Vegetable Soups are easy to make and warm us on cold days. My mother used to make Creamy Potato Soup for my sisters and me. I simply added Cauliflower to that soup. The texture is lighter than her Potato Soup and I like this soup with freshly cracked Black Pepper. Again, I don’t use Oil.
Cauliflower 1 head
‘Massel’ Chicken OR/AND Vegetables Stock Cube(s) *for 1 cup (250ml) water, use 1/2 cube
Bay Leaf 1
Milk 1/2 cup
Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Cut Cauliflower head into florets. Cut Onions and Potatoes into chunky pieces. Never cut vegetables into small pieces.
- Place all vegetables in a large sauce pan or pot, add Water enough to cover the vegetables and add Stock Cube(s). For 1 cup (250ml) water, use 1/2 cube. *If you add about 750ml water, you add 1 & 1/2 cubes.
- Add the Bay Leaf and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- Remove the Bay Leaf. Using a stick blender, make it smooth. Add Milk and mix well, then season with Salt as required.
- Sprinkle with Freshly Cracked Pepper and enjoy with nice crusty bread.