Since my daughter stopped eating dairy products, cooking dinner has become a challenge for me. However, I have created many delicious meals without dairy. Here is one of them. My husband, who loves cream and butter and cheese, actually loved this soup better than the ordinary Creamy Mushroom Soup. And this soup is even healthier!
Olive Oil 1 tablespoon
Onion 1 *chopped
Potatoes 1 *peeled and chopped
Mushrooms about 500g *sliced
Vegetable Stock 4 cups *OR Chicken Stock
Soy Milk 1/2 cup
Salt & Pepper
- Heat Olive Oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chopped Onion and cook until Onion has softened.
- Add chopped Potatoes and sliced Mushrooms and cook stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the Stock, bring it to the boil. Simmer over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until Potatoes are tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Using a hand blender, blend until smooth.
- Add Soy Milk and season with Salt and Pepper, cook stirring for a few minutes or until heated through.
Leave a Reply