A few weeks ago, I bought Kiwi Fruit that were on special. Kiwi Fruit were not in season, but they were very cheap. I bought some and it was not a good purchase. They were too sour to eat. I kept them with Apples and Bananas expecting they would get soft and sweet. They became wrinkly but not soft at all, and still very sour. The only thing I could do was making them into jam. Today I added 1/2 Granny Smith Apple for better flavour and texture. I must be cautious about the reason why Fruit that are out of season can be very cheap.
Kiwi Fruit *Today I had about 300g after peeled
Sugar *add 1/3 of the weight of Kiwi Fruit
*Note: Today I added 100g White Sugar
1/2 to 1 Cooking Apple *optional, when you use firm and sour Kiwi Fruit
2 to 3 teaspoons Lemon Juice *if more sourness is needed
- Peel Kiwi Fruit and weigh them. You will need Sugar about 1/3 of the weight, but you can alter the amount to suit your taste.
- Cut Kiwi Fruit into small cubes, about 1cm or smaller. If you add Apple, peel and cut into small cubes. I added 1/2 Granny Smith Apple.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan, mix to combine, soon you will have plenty of liquid in the saucepan.
- Heat over medium low heat and bring to the simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes OR until desired consistency is achieved. For better result, I recommend to remove white foam on the surface. *Note: Jam will thicken when it cools.
- *Note: The photo below is Unsweetened Greek Yoghurt & Kiwi Fruit Jam