On a hot summer day, I don’t want to bake. This gelatine-set Cheesecake is an ideal dessert. Yoghurt adds freshness to the rich cream cheese and frozen berries are perfect match to the flavour of this cake. And of course, it is easy to make!
18cm Springform Cake Tin
100g Choco Ripple Biscuits
50g Butter *melted
*Note: Very dry low-fat chocolate biscuits need more moisture. Add 1-2 tablespoons Cream, Milk or extra Butter.
2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
3 tablespoons Water
250g Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Sugar *OR 1/3 cup if you like it sweeter
1/2 cup Greek Style Yoghurt
1 to 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Cream *whipped
- Line the base and sides of 18cm OR similar size round springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Process Choco Ripple Biscuits until crumbled to fine crumbs. Mix with melted butter for the base and press into the prepared tin. *Note: Very dry low-fat chocolate biscuits need more moisture. Add 1-2 tablespoons Cream, Milk or extra Butter.
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small heat-proof bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Using the electric beaters or a whisk, whip the Cream until firm peaks form.
- Using the same beaters or a whisk, mix softened Cream Cheese and Sugar until smooth. Add Yoghurt and Lemon Juice and mix well.
- Heat the soaked Gelatine in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until hot, but do not boil. Gradually beat in the dissolved Gelatine into the mixture until well combined. Fold in Whipped Cream.
- Pour the mixture over the base and smooth the surface. Cover and refrigerate for several hours until firmly set.
- Serve with your favourite Berries.