Roasted Carrots are delicious, but heating up oven takes time and roasting Carrots takes time. I wanted to cook them more energy efficiently. Then I tried the pan-steam-frying method, which is my favourite way to cook Broccoli. Carrots need to be cooked longer than Broccoli, so I added more Water. I was absolutely satisfied with the result. Can’t beat Roasted Carrots, but these Carrots were cooked in 15 minutes.
4 Carrots *about 500g
1 tablespoon Olive Oil *OR Oil of your choice
2 Cloves Garlic *coarsely chopped
Herb of your choice * I added fresh Thyme
1/2 cup Water
1/4 teaspoon Salt *alter the amount to suit your taste
- Cut Carrot diagonally about 1cm thick.
- Drizzle Olive Oil over a non-stick frying pan, arrange Carrot pieces, in a single layer if possible, and scatter Garlic and Herb. Add Water and sprinkle with Salt.
- Cover with a lid and cook over medium low heat for 12 minutes OR until Water is evaporated.
- When Water in the pan is evaporated, remove the lid, increase the heat, and cook until Carrot pieces are nicely caramelised. Then you may wish to toss OR turn them over to brown other sides.
- Sprinkle with some freshly ground Black Pepper.