It’s school holidays and my daughter is home. I just wanted to make something different for lunch using left over rice. Not fried rice, not rice soup, not Onigiri. What would you cook? I cooked Rice Burgers. Today’s filling was Yakiniku Stir-fry and I used Nori Sheet instead of lettuce for the burgers.
4 Rice Burgers
Rice Patties Ingredients
Cooked Rice 1 rice bowlful for each (*short grain slightly starchy rice like Sushi Rice)
Soy Sauce & Mirin Mix 1 teaspoon each
Yakiniku Stirfry Ingredients
Thinly Sliced Pork or Beef 300 to 400g
Vegetables enough for 4 burgers
(*Suggestions: Onion, Carrot, Capsicum, Beans, Asparagus, Cabbage, Shiitake, etc.)
Oil 1 tablespoon
- 1Make rice patties. Cooked rice needs to be warm to hot, so heat the cooked rice if cold. Divide one rice bowlful warm rice in half and make flat rice balls. Make two patties for each burger.
- Using plastic wrap, press the rice balls firmly to 1cm thick. Using a ramekin or an egg ring is also good method. Oil the ramekin or the ring with Sesame Oil first so that the rice won’t stick to them. Press down the rice very firmly is important.
- Brush Sesame Oil on both sides of the rice patties slightly.
- Cook the patties on each side in a non-stick frying pan or grill until light golden and crispy. Brushing ‘Soy Sauce & Mirin Mix’ slightly will give flavour and colour, but do this at the end very quickly because it burns easily.
- The rice patties that are crispy outside and soft inside can go very well with all kinds of fillings. Here is one great filling ‘Yakiniku Stir-fry’.
Yakiniku Stirfry Method
- Oil a heated frying pan and cook sliced Pork OR Beef. When meat changes the colour, add vegetables and stir-fry until the vegetables are cooked. Add Yakiniku Sauce and mix well.
Wonderful recipe! Also excellent made into onigirazu style for bentos! thankyou/ arigatou gozaimatshita!
Onigirazu is great but the crunchy & crispy burned rice is delicious. For bento, simply placing the meat and veggie mixture on top of rice is good enough!
hirokoliston.com is awesome, i will come back here for
I see you don’t monetize your site, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn extra cash every month.
You can use the best adsense alternative for any type
of website (they approve all websites), for more
info simply search in gooogle: boorfe’s tips monetize your website