I used to cook this dish using already seasoned Dry Rice Vermicelli in Japan. A company called ‘Kenmin Foods’ produces delicious Rice Vermicelli products. I recently saw the products on the internet and I was nostalgic. I tried to cook the dish using commonly available unseasoned Dry Rice Vermicelli. I seasoned it simply and the result was very similar to what I used to cook. This is a quick & easy & nutritious meal. Add plenty of vegetables!
2 servings (*about 120g) Dry Rice Vermicelli
120g Pork *thinly sliced
1/4 to 1/2 Onion
2 Shiitake Mushrooms
1 to 2 Cabbage Leaves
1 tablespoon Oil
Salt & White Pepper
1/2 cup Chicken Stock *OR 1/2 cup Water & 1/2 teaspoon Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Oyster Sauce
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Cut all vegetables into thin strips. Cabbage leaves can be cut into 1-2cm wide strips. Cut thinly sliced Pork into bite-size pieces.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bow.
- Cook Dry Rice Vermicelli in boiling Water firmly, for slightly shorter time than instructed, then drain. *Note: The noodles will be cooked with other ingredients later.
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium to high heat, cook Pork, add vegetables, and season with Salt & Pepper.
- When ingredients are cooked and seasoned, add firmly cooked Rice Vermicelli, pour over the sauce, and stir-fry until the liquid is gone.