On the other day I heard a popular Radio show personality was talking about Tofu. He said that Tofu was tasteless and disgusting. I wanted to cook Tofu for him! I like Tofu’s natural taste. Tofu is so versatile and can be seasoned in many different flavours. Here is another Tofu dish. In this Green Curry, you can hardly taste Tofu because crumbled Tofu sucks up the curry sauce and tastes just curry, but it might be better for someone like him. If you love Tofu, you may wish to cut Tofu into cubes rather than crumble it.
2 tablespoons Oil *plus extra
1 small head Broccoli *finely chopped OR shredded
100g Thai Green Curry Paste
400ml Coconut Milk
1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 teaspoon Sugar *optional
450 to 500g Firm Tofu *coarsely crumbled
Some Green Leafy Vegetables *e.g. Spinach, Bok Choi, Shungiku, etc.
4 servings Freshly Cooked Rice
- Cut Eggplant into the size that is easy to eat. Heat Oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, cook Eggplant until all sides are nicely browned. Transfer to a plate, sprinkle some Salt over, and set aside.
- Add extra Oil and stir-fry Broccoli for a few minutes, add Green Curry Paste, and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add Coconut Milk and cook for 5 minutes, season with Fish Sauce and Sugar (*optional). *Note: Alter the amount or Fish Sauce depending on the saltiness of the curry paste.
- Add crumbled Tofu and finely chopped Green Leafy Vegetables. Tofu will instantly suck up the liquid and the mixture will get thick. Cook until vegetable is soft.
- Place freshly cooked Rice on a plate, cover with the curry mixture, and top with the eggplant. Add some sliced fresh Chilli if you dare and enjoy!
I just wanted to say that I’m European and I love the taste of tofu, I can replace any meat with it easily, so maybe we are not a lost cause yet :””D
Hard Tofu and Soft Tofu, Fried Tofu and Freeze-dried Tofu (Kōya Dōfu), there are many types and they are all so versatile. They can be cooked in Asian flavours, European flavours or any flavours. I use Tofu for sweets, too. Thank you for your message, Zuzanna.
Unfortunately, many westerners hate the taste of tofu, which is just odd to us Asians. ;P I’m not from Japan, but I think genes that have strong tofu inclination are memorized in us. Great recipe as always! Keep up the good work.
Thank you for your comment. A good thing is more and more westerners are enjoying Tofu these days, at least in Australia. They just need to experience delicious Tofu dishes.