‘Mentsuyu’, the noodle dipping sauce, is a very versatile seasoning sauce. It contains Soy Sauce, Mirin and Umami from Dash Ingredients. I use ‘Katsuobushi’ (Dried Bonito Flakes), but you can use other Dried Fish, Kombu (Kelp), Dried Shiitake or Instant Dashi Powder. It is very handy to keep a bottle of ‘Mentsuyu’ in fridge. I cooked this stir fry for my daughter’s lunch on the other day and she loved it.
2 to 3 Servings
1/2 to 1 block Firm Tofu
1 small piece Ginger *sliced into fine strips
1/4 Wombok (Chinese Cabbage)
1 bunch Enoki
2 to 3 Spring Onion *sliced
1 to 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
2 to 3 tablespoons Mentsuyu
- Cut Tofu into 2 to 3cm cubes, Wombok into 2cm pieces. Trim Enoki and tear into smaller pieces.
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook Tofu until crispy and golden.
- Add Ginger and Wombok and cook for 2 minutes or until Wombok starts to wilt.
- Then add Enoki and Mentsuyu and cook until Enoki is tender.
- Scatter Spring Onion. (*Some Dried Shrimp are also scattered in the above image.)