Cook Beef and Vegetables in the way of Japanese BBQ with ‘Yakiniku Sauce’ and top it on the rice. It’s an easy & yummy meal. These days you can buy ready-to-use ‘Yakiniku Sauce’ but why don’t you make your own sauce. It’s very handy to have your own sauce in a bottle kept in fridge. My family’s ‘Yakiniku Sauce’ recipe is on this page.
4 servings Freshly Cooked Rice
300 tot 400g Thinly Sliced Beef
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 small piece Ginger *finely grated
1 clove Garlic
1 tablespoon Oil
4 to 5 Cabbage Leaves
1/2 to 1 Capsicum
3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Mirin
- Combine Soy Sauce, Ginger and Garlic in a bowl and marinate the sliced Beef for ten minutes.
- Oil a heated frying pan and cook Beef with the marinade all together.
- When the beef changes colour, add vegetables and stir fry until the vegetables are cooked. Add Soy Sauce and Mirin, and mix well.
- *Note: Instead of using Soy Sauce and Mirin for seasoning, you can use Yakiniku Sauce.
- Half fill a bowl with freshly cooked rice and cover it with the beef and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle some Toasted Sesame Seeds on top.