You can find my old ‘Super Easy Vanilla Ice Cream’ recipe on this website, but you need a food processor to make it. This ‘Easiest Vanilla Ice Cream’ requires no special equipment. You only need a whisk, 2 bowls and a saucepan.
2 to 4 Servings
2 Egg Yolks
1/2 cup Milk
1 tablespoon Caster Sugar
1/2 cup Cream
3 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Make custard first. Place Egg Yolks, Milk and Sugar in a small saucepan and mix well using a whisk. Place the saucepan over boiling water in another saucepan or pot, and gently cook, constantly whisking, until creamy. Then dip the saucepan into cold water and cool the mixture. *Note: I recommend to cool completely in the fridge.
- *Note: Alternatively you can cook custard directly over a low heat, but you should use warmed Milk to shorten the cooking time.
- In a bowl, beat Cream and Caster Sugar until soft peaks form. Add the cooled (OR chilled) custard and Vanilla Extract and gently combine.
- Pour the mixture into a container and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until ready.
- *Note: The real ice cream becomes hard when completely frozen. To soften it, transfer the ice cream from the freezer to the fridge 20-30 minutes before serving. Or let it stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.