Minced meat is generally cheaper and quicker to cook, thus it is a great ingredient for everyday meals. This is one of my family’s favourite mince dishes. ‘Soboro’ means crumbled meat and my ‘Soboro’ recipes are perfect for busy families.
Cooked Rice 1/2 bowl each
Beef Mince 500g
Dried Sliced Shiitake 1 pkt (40g)
Ginger 1 piece *sliced into fine stripes
Oil 1 tablespoon
Sugar 2 tablespoons
Soy Sauce 4 tablespoons
Mirin 2 tablespoons
Water 1 cup
Spring Onion 2 to 3 *finely chopped
Egg 2 *optional
- Soak Shiitake in water and drain when soft. Thinly slice Onion. Slice Carrot into strips.
- Heat Oil in a frypan and cook Beef Mince, sliced Ginger, rehydrated Shiitake, Onion and Carrot.
- When Beef changed colour and vegetables are slightly soft, add Sugar, Soy Sauce, Mirin and Water and cook until the sauce is almost gone, by then the dried Shiitake should be well cooked.
- Make thin omelette with Eggs and slice into strips. Alternatively you can make scrambled eggs.
- Half fill a bowl with freshly cooked rice and place the beef mixture. Sprinkle some finely chopped Spring Onion and Omellet strips on top.
Leave a Reply