I was googling Poppy Seeds recipes, then I came across an image of Biscuits made with Puff Pastry and Poppy Seeds. I happened to have 1 sheet of Butter Puff Pastry and some leftover Sweet Black Sesame Paste. I spread the paste over the pastry sheet, rolled up both sides, and cut into thin pieces, which ended up in BAD shapes. When the Puff Pastry is soft, it is difficult to slice it thinly and neatly. I couldn’t bother fixing the shape of those pieces and I baked them as they were. Then, they turned out such beautiful Biscuits.
1 sheet Butter Puff Pastry
2 to 3 tablespoons Sweet Black Sesame Paste
1 tablespoon Caster Sugar *optional
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place thawed Butter Puff Pastry sheet on a floured flat surface. Spread Sweet Black Sesame Paste, and sprinkle extra Sugar evenly if you want to make the Biscuits sweeter.
- Roll up both sides towards the centre line.
- Cut into 6-7mm thick, place on the prepared tray. *Note: If you want to cut the rolled pastry perfectly, you should leave it in the freezer and half-freeze it.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until nicely golden. Transfer to a wire rack and cool.